++Now with Slideshows!++

Monday, July 09, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

     As of late, I've been busy looking for another job. I didn't have to start this early but I did, and I hope that I've found a good one. I'm not going to hold my breath. Both of my previous jobs in Korea sounded great until after the VISA.
     Now, I know that people come here to see pictures and movies of Korea and hopefully me, and not to hear me whine or rant about work. Instead I'll talk about food. I have lots of pictures from various meals that I've eaten in the past week. I even have pictures of a potential meal. A Korean treat that I promised Jungwon that I'd try.
     I will post the meals in the order eaten. Tonight's post is from two very large chains in the Seoul/Gyeonggido areas. The restaurant is Pho Bay. It's a Vietnamese restaurant, and the food is filling, delicious, and healthy. David was gracious enough to pay for the meal as a gift for Jungwon's coming birthday (July 25). The bar that we went to afterwards is named Wa Bar. The chain is very popular among the foreigners. This was only the second time that I had been to one.
     The usual main course that we get at Pho Bay is a plate of assorted veggies and a bit of meat, a plate of hard rice paper discs, and a bowl of hot water. You take a disc of rice paper, soak it in the hot water, spread it onto your wooden plate, laden it with veggies, roll it up, dip it in peanut butter and enjoy. It's a lot of work for a few bites, but it's really worth it.

Pho Bay


     After Pho Bay, Meg wanted to go out for drinks. David suggested the Wa Bar (western style bar specializing in imported beer). David had a Jack and Coke (not pictured) I had the Lowenbrau, Jungwon tried the Hooch Ice; Lemon, and Meg had the ultra-captain tall glass of Wa-bar draft something. The most interesting part of the trip to the Wa Bar was that the waitress had no idea what a Jack and Coke was, so David had to mix it himself.

Wa Bar

No comments: