++Now with Slideshows!++

Monday, March 24, 2008

Hong Kong

     Plus One sent me to Hong Kong last week to get my E-2 visa. The reason that they send their teachers to Hong Kong is that it is supposed to be a one day process there. Yes it can be one day, but the policy is two days. Luckily the lady that works there has a heart of gold and she did mine in one day, and I was able to catch my flight.
     I had a working day to kill while I was waiting on my passport so I decided to kill it by going to see the largest-outdoor-bronze Buddha in the world. It was a good choice as it really did kill most of the day. I left the consulate at about ten in the morning, and I made it back just a tad after three. And that included taking a detour to look around Kowloon station.
     To get to the statue take the Tung Chung line on the Hong Kong subway system. You want to go all the way to Tung Chung, currently the last stop on the line. When you are exiting the station just follow the signs for Ngong Ping. The fare for the cable car was less than $100HK for a round trip.
     Just as a side note. The Incheon airport in Seoul is now trying to double as an art gallery. They had an interesting, though slightly annoying display of art by Nam June Paik set up on the first floor.

hongkong

No comments: