++Now with Slideshows!++

Monday, February 25, 2008

Fire Ants

     When I first looked around this neighborhood it was dark, and hideously cold outside. I did not know exactly where I was, I only had a faint map and address that I had printed off the internet. The streets were not brightly lit, and I stumble across this monstrosity of a graffitied building. I had a feeling that my new apartment was not going to be in an ideal neighborhood. I finally found the address, and half a block away I found a well lit and manicured area full of new wealth and vigor. "At least the neighborhood is only half bad." I thought.
     For the past couple of weeks that night stumbling about in the near dark and freezing temperatures had tainted my view of the southwestern part of my neighborhood. However, during the past few days I have attempted to acquaint myself with this area. Happily I can say that my first impressions were wrong. The graffiti was only to say that the building had been condemned. The streets are dark at night, but they are safe and the neighbors are friendly. There is a bit of revitalizing construction going near my building, and apparently money is being poured into the area's general vicinity to make it more akin to Seolaemeoeul, or Insadong. The more that I look around the neighborhood the more I get a feeling of the Fine Arts building back at GSW. There is a mix of design companies and other studios peppered about the general populace. Although it is not terribly visible, their mark is on the town.


Sinsa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wayne,

Nice to see you are still out and about.. checking out the art scene. Did you change your number or something man? Give me a call sometime 010-7107-2232.

Charlie