++Now with Slideshows!++

Monday, February 11, 2008

Namdaemun:RIP

     It's amazing how the destruction of a site that I barely visited can affect me so strongly. The people around me today (namely at the hakwon) have expressed little emotion towards the event, but just hearing about it, and later seeing the pictures that accompanied the Associated Press Article has left me feeling a bit hollow. I can only assume that this is because I consider Korea as my home, and Namdaemun (남대문) was an important cultural treasure.
     Unfortunatly the only pictures I ever took of the gate was on a cell phone, before I purchased my digital camera. Even more unfortanatly I was never able to transfer the pictures from the phone onto my computer, and are now gone for good. This has just given me the conviction to always carry my charged camera, and to take pictures of everywhere that I go.

No comments: